Try this recipe for another reason to use your grill...as if you needed another reason! Grilling is so fun and easy, and clean up is a breeze. So gather some pals and get ready to sizzle!
Grilled Steak Paninis
Makes 4 servings
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teres major steak
salt, as desired
1 loaf (1 lb.) focaccia, ciabatta, French or Italian bread, cut horizontally in half
8 slices tomato
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside. Combine seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto steak.
2. Place steaks on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill to desired doneness. Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt, as desired.
3. Spread sauce over bottom half of bread. Top evenly with tomato, steak, and cheese. Close sandwich.
4. Place sandwich on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, until cheese is melted, turning once and pressing down on sandwich with spatula to flatten slightly.
5. Cut sandwich crosswise in half. Cut each half diagonally to make 4 triangles.
-Adapted from The Healthy Beef Cookbook